How to Grill Steaks Perfectly with ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 Thermometer
The longevity of time taken to cook steak may vary depending on the cut, thickness, grill temperature, and preferred doneness. Therefore, cooking time is not enough to conclude that meat is well done. Some people believe in cutting the steak to see how it looks inside while others use timers to determine doneness. All these are just fiction as the only sure way to a perfect steak is by the use of a meat thermometer.
A grill transfers heat to meat through a process called thermal radiation. A pan grill transfers heat to food through a process called direct conduction. A pan grill is an option when you cannot manage to do the outdoor grilling. It uses an oven and it is commonly known as broiling. An oven broiler has a thermostat to control temperatures. However, it can turn off upon reaching certain temperatures of about 500°F (260°C) to 550°F (288°C) leaving food to cook on its own steam. This is called baking. In all these processes, an instant-read thermometer is important to keep temperatures at optimum and to achieve a distinctive flavor at the end of your cooking.
Why Use Chefstemp Finaltouch X10 Thermometer?
- It has a probe that folds out of the thermometer body and can rotate up to 270°. This makes it more convenient for use even by left-handed users.
- It has a back-light motion-sensing display that sleeps and wakes automatically. The back-light also, makes it more convenient to use even at night.
- It has an ultra-wide display with large digits which makes it easy to read temperatures from any angle.
- It has an auto-rotating display with built-in motion sensors which detects when the device is upside down and rotates the display accordingly.
- It has an IP67 rating waterproof. This means it can be rinsed with running water without absorbing water.
- The battery door is sealed to keep out moisture.
- The battery compartment contains two buttons. One button is used to regulate temperature while the other button is used for calibration.
- It responds to temperature measurements within a short time of 1 second.
- It comes with a comprehensive instructions booklet. The booklet also contains the contact details of the manufacturer in case you want to raise a complaint or positive feedback.
- It has a magnetic backing which means you can stick it on any metal surface.
Why Do You Need a Chefstemp Finaltouch X10 Thermometer?
- Different ingredients require different temperatures. Since the thickness of steak may differ depending on cuts, a food thermometeris important in determining that the right temperatures are used accordingly.
- To determine the doneness of food. Overcooked food is as harmful as undercooked food since they all contain bacteria causing illnesses. With the right thermometer, you can cook your food to optimum temperatures.
- To get your food out of the temperature danger zone. This is a temperature range where bacteria causing illness grows. It ranges between 40°F (4°C) to 140°F (60°C).
Grilling is a method of cooking by applying dry heat on the surfaces of food, above, below, and on the sides. Grills can be classified in different ways as follows;
- Fuel used – They include gas grills, wood-burning grills, electric grills, and charcoal grills. The choice of your fuel plays a significant role in achieving the final flavor of your meat.
- Region of origin – Some grills are associated with their region of origin. This is due to different ways in preparing and cooking also different spices and herbs used. It can be Korean, American, Japanese, or any other region.
- The griller’s point of view – It is simply the configuration of fire and where to place the food for cooking. It determines the temperature to be used and the speed to grill food. It also determines the final outcome of your steak.
Here is a step-by-step recipe on how to grill steak perfectly using ChefsTemp FinalTouch X10 Thermometer.
- Properly cut steak at least one inch thick
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 3 tablespoons Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 cloves garlic
- Kosher salt
Step 1: Season both sides of the steaks using kosher salt and place on a wire rack. Refrigerate uncovered overnight before grilling. This also helps in achieving the best flavor. The kosher salt act like brine as it pulls moisture to the surface of the meat allowing the meat to dry.
Step 2: Place all your spices into the bowl of the processer or a mortar and grind using a pestle until smooth. Remove the meat from your fridge and place it on the grill. Rub your spices on both sides and let them rest for up to 30 minutes.
Step 3: Set up your grill and preheat with indirect heat to a minimum temperature of 200°F (93°C) and a maximum of 250°F (121°C). You can use either the reverse-sear method or the sear method to grill. In a reverse sear method, meat is heated until the internal temperatures are 10°F (5°C) less than the optimum temperatures then seared over direct heat to doneness. In the sear method, meat is cooked to optimum temperatures then over low heat until doneness.
Step 4: Use the ChefsTemp Finaltouch X10 thermometer to regulate temperature to your preferred optimum. Insert the probe into the thermo center of the steak for best results and confirm doneness.
Step 5: Get the meat out of the grill to cool for some minutes. Re-season before serving by using crunchy sea salt like Maldon or compound butter like the blue cheese butter. Serve as desired.
The ability to accurately gauge the internal temperatures of a steak is the only sure way to have a greater impact on the flavor and quality of a steak. Chefstemp Finaltouch X10 Thermometer is here to ensure that you feed your family and friends the best-grilled steak.
Discover more recipes and learn kitchen tricks by joining our cooking family on Facebook.
Shop now for products used in this post:
You may also like: