7. Remove the steak from the oven and put it aside to cool for 10 minutes before searing.
8. Heat the heavy cast iron skillet over high heat. Alternatively, if you put it in the oven on step 3, then take it out and place it on the stovetop.
9. Add oil, and wait until it is hot, then carefully add your steaks to the pan.
10. Sear the steak until it is golden brown then use tongs to flip it over and sear it.
11. Add herbs and butter as desired.
12. Transfer the steaks to a clean plate and serve while warm.