Instant Read Meat Thermometers: The Tool Every Kitchen Should Have
Just like the name suggests, it is a kitchen tool used to measure food temperature and gives back results instantly. The best versions give you the exact temperature readings in 3 seconds and below. Most of them consist of a probe that you insert in your meat and a handle that has a display where you read the results. Apart from determining the doneness of food, there is much more a food thermometer can do as seen below:
Cooking large pieces of meat like steaks, roasts, or poultry exactly to the right temperatures without compromising the taste can be challenging. While you can blindly estimate correct cooking time during baking, smoking, roasting, or grilling, the best way to test the doneness of your meat is by using a meat thermometer. Overcooked or undercooked meat may lead to foodborne illnesses.
This gadget is equipped to make your cooking easy and safe, especially with large pieces of meat. It also boosts your kitchen confidence by ensuring that your meat is properly cooked to the right temperatures. It is tiring to stay beside your cooking meat until it is done. Some may take a short time while others may take a very long time depending on your mode of cooking and your cooking preference. A thermometer comes in handy to save you from the agony and anxiety caused by temperature uncertainties during cooking.
Did you know that a food thermometer is one of the ingredients to a sumptuous taste in your bbq? The secret to achieving your desired taste effortlessly is only by using a food thermometer while cooking. There is no doubt that you will have a perfect taste in your meat. Overcooking or undercooking alters the taste of your meat. Do away with guesswork in your kitchen by adding the best food thermometer.
Though most refrigerators and freezers have an in-built thermometer, you can use an instant read meat thermometer to keep your frozen or refrigerated meat at the right temperatures. The storage temperature for raw meat and poultry should be 40°F (4°C) and below to reduce the growth rate of any bacteria that may be present on their surfaces.
Wondering if you can use your thermometer to measure the temperature of your frying oil? If you are a lover of fries and crisps this is also useful to you. Make sure you use it to know when your oil is at the right temperatures for getting that beautiful golden brown crispiness.
Bacteria can grow right in the dining area where you are enjoying your meal with your family or friends. Make use of your food thermometer even at room temperature to know when to preheat, store food in the fridge, or dispose your food. It will keep you and your loved ones maximumly protected from foodborne illness.
How to Use an Instant Read Meat Thermometer?
This gadget is straightforward to use and therefore it does not require any technical skills to use it. Most of them are accompanied by a manufacturer guide containing all the possible questions and answers you could be having about its use. Below are some simple steps on how you can use your best cooking thermometer effectively:
- Insert the probe at the thickest part of your meat.
- Don’t touch the bone, fat, or gristle while taking the temperature measurements. You may end up with compromised results.
- Measure temperature on different parts of your meat. The composition of your meat in the grill, oven, or smoker may cause it to cook faster in one part than in another.
- For thin and flat meats like fish fillets, insert the probe from the side instead of the top.
For best results, clean your food thermometer after every use to avoid cross-termination. Failure to, you will be creating an enabling environment for bacteria growth. Use warm or running water and soapy detergent to clean. You can as well sanitize the probe using alcohol and then rinse in warm water. Do not use a towel to dry your thermometer, instead, let it air dry for at least an hour before re-using it. This way, your thermometer is likely to last for a longer time.
Qualities of the Best Instant Read Meat Thermometer
The Chefstemp Finaltouch X10 Instant Read Meat Thermometer is a digital food thermometer manufactured using the latest technology. It possesses outstanding qualities that make it suitable for chefs not only in restaurants but also at home. It is also suitable for indoor and outdoor cooking. The following are some of its qualities that make it the best in the market today:
1. Speed and Accuracy – It can read and give results in less than 1 second and it has an accuracy of ±0.7°F (0.4°C).
2. Large Display – It has a widescreen display with huge digits making it easy to read from any angle.
3. Auto-rotating Display – It has in-built motion sensors that detect when it is placed up-side down enabling it to rotate to the right angle.
4. Motion-activated Wake-up Mode – With the in-built motion sensors, it can turn on instantly when you pick it up and activate the battery-saving sleep mode when you put it down.
5. Intelligent Backlight – This makes it convenient to use even at night.
6. 270 Degrees Rotation Probe – This makes it perfect for both right and left-handed and it is convenient to use for different angles.
7. Waterproof – It can withstand water and spillages.
8. Magnetic Backing – You can comfortably stick it on metal surfaces.
Going through this article, you now understand just how important a kitchen thermometer is. It is a multi-purpose gadget that can not only be used while cooking, but also to check food at room temperature and also for storage purposes. We recommend that you try the Chefstemp Finaltouch X10 Instant read meat thermometer. It is pocket-friendly and easy to use.
Discover more recipes and learn kitchen tricks by joining our cooking family on Facebook.
Shop now for products used in this post:
You may also like: